investorschatroom.com

Sports

Hakan Calhanoglu denies ever talking to Turkish media about a Chelsea move

Share
Why Hakan Calhanoglu was banned by FIFA for four months

"Bayer 04 has nothing to do with the incidents at that time", he said.

Calhanoglu had been in great form for Bayer until his suspension, scoring seven times and providing seven assists in all competitions.

The midfielder was banned from football last Tuesday after Turkish club Trabzonspor lodged a claim with Fifa in 2013 that Calhanoglu had agreed to sign for them from Karlsruhe in 2011, but he stayed in Germany.

The 22-year-old, who is current serving a fourth-month ban after breaching a contract with Trabzonspor, had been linked with a £15 million move to Stamford Bridge in the January transfer window.

Ukraine: Fighting flares up in eastern town of Avdiivka
A ceasefire specified in the 2015 Minsk agreement held until late December, and the conflict has been escalating since then. Ukrainian President Petro Poroshenko has cut short an official visit to Germany.

Seaforth set to be destination for human trafficking workshop
Out of the 151 cases of reported human trafficking, 111 were sex trafficking and 24 were labor trafficking. In total, their hotline services handled a record 8,042 cases of human trafficking a year ago .

Miss France Iris Mittenaere is Crowned Miss Universe 2017 victor
However, with the pageant now back on in late January for the first time in two year, the ratings took a bit of a hit on Fox. When it came time to announce the victor , there was a lighthearted acknowledgment of the terrible gaffe Harvey made in 2015.

A complaint had been lodged with Federation Internationale de Football Association earlier past year regarding the dispute and it is now official that the player will serve a four-month suspension after the decision was also upheld by the Court of Arbitration of Sport. He joined Leverkusen in 2014.

Fanatik had also quoted Calhanoglu as saying he would not allow the punishment to derail his career, a statement the player also denied making.

The club said Calhanoglu would continue to train with the team, that "he will support his teammates as a fully fledged team member to the best of his ability even without competitive games", and that it will help Calhanoglu maintain his athletic performance. He is also suspended for Turkey's World Cup qualifying match at home against Finland on March 24.

But in a tweet on Monday, Calhanoglu refuted the article, writing: "I said nothing about Chelsea in the press & didn't talk to any Turkish journalist - neither about the court decision nor about my future!" "Now we're missing a very important player during a decisive part of the season".

Share