investorschatroom.com

Health Care

Dog badly burned after owner dyed her purple

Share
Violet the 5lb Maltese mix after her previous owner tried to dye her purple using hair color meant for humans

THIS little dog nearly died after her owner chose to use human hair dye to colour her purple.

Pinellas County Animal Services published graphic pictures this week of the chemical burns she suffered when her owner tried to color her fur purple.

"Pain medication, antibiotics, IV fluids, honey treatments, scab removal, anesthetizing, bandage changes, sleepless nights, worrying, hope, worrying, hope and finally the silver lining".

But this led to her eyes swelling up and becoming "limp and listless". When veterinarians attempted to shave off her fur to assess the overall severity of her burns, they were horrified to find that her skin was sloughing off in sheets, along with the purple fur.

Pet owners should not under any circumstance use hair colour intended for human on their pets, the services says.

"Once a handsome little white Maltese mix, Violet was dyed a purple color (her namesake)... only the purple parts weren't like the pictures you usually see", the shelter wrote on Facebook. "It was clear - Violet was on the mend and she wanted everyone to know it".

Hospital staff tried to wash off as many chemicals from the dog's fur as they can but they eventually found that Violet's injury was worse than earlier thought. Would her hair ever grow back?

Trump's porn-star payoff may have been illegal: Will it matter?
Last week, In Touch , the celebrity magazine, posted an extensive transcript from a 2011 interview it said Daniels gave them. Spokeswoman Stephanie Grisham said overnight that due to "scheduling and logistical issues", Mrs Trump will not attend.

Ruth Bader Ginsburg shares #MeToo moment about Cornell instructor
She has seen the 2016 Saturday Night Live "Gins-burn" parody, featuring Kate McKinnon as the black-robed justice. She was in Utah for the premiere of " RBG ", a new documentary about her life that was co-produced by CNN .

Afghan forces end Kabul hotel siege
At the time of the attack , officials from 34 provinces had gathered for a meeting organized by the Telecommunications Ministry. "The US Embassy is in close contact with Afghan authorities, who are continuing to investigate the incident", he said.

There was also a worry the hair dye had made her blind, but thankfully she managed to pull through and has now been re-homed.

Violet didnt have a license or a microchip with her and wasnt reported lost, so the shelter has no idea of her former owner, Brightwell said.

Three months after her injuries, Violet is recovering well, but that wasn't the case at first.

'She began to walk the halls, visiting each office and requesting treats or hugs or gentle pats.

And her new owner, David Anderson, a dog groomer with Woofgang Bakery and Grooming in St. Petersburg, said he was grateful to Animal Services staff for going above and beyond in treating her.

One 2013 study by Tufts University detailed the case of one eight-year-old Border Collie who had ingested natural hair dye - henna - and developed a life-threatening case of anemia.

Violet is also getting along well with Andersons other dogs, Mushu and Sushi, who are both shih tzus.

Share