Police dismiss officers who fled after being deployed to fight Boko Haram

Boko Haram attacks two military bases in northeast Nigeria

The town was later retaken, but jihadists continue to attack the military and civilians in the area, which is an ISWAP stronghold.

The jihadists then retreated and the troops decided not to pursue them to avoid running into an ambush, a strategy Boko Haram often employs against the military, the officer said.

Troops from the two bases withdrew to another naval base at Fish Dam on the shores of Lake Chad, the military source said.

The Director of Public Relations and Information Nigerian Air Force, Air Commodore Ibikunle Daramola, said that the Headquarters 7 Brigade Multinational Joint Task Force (MNJTF) Baga came under attack by members of the Islamic State of West Africa Province (ISWAP) on the evening of 26 December 2018.

"It is highly misleading to state that the town of Baga has fallen again to Boko Haram terrorist by some section of the media".

It is still unclear how the insurgents were able to take over the town in spite of the heavy military presence but is believed that they made away with a lot of military equipment, including arms and ammunition.

Cristiano Ronaldo shows support for Koulibaly after racist abuse
Meanwhile, Milan mayor Guiseppe Sala apologised to Koulibaly for the abuse, asking the 27-year-old for forgiveness. It occurred during Napoli's defeat against Inter at the Stadio Giuseppe Meazza , which he was shown a red card in.

Fiancé of Missing Colorado Mom Arrest and Charged With Murder
Frazee voluntarily released his phone to be searched and allowed officers to take a DNA sample on December 12, his lawyer said. Police later received data indicating Berreth's phone was near Gooding, Idaho that same day, almost 800 miles from her home.

Japan plans first aircraft carriers since World War II
It was unclear whether the F-2 successor would be made-in-Japan or jointly developed. The conversion should be completed within five years.

Some residents of Maiduguri told this news website that they saw soldiers being conveyed in coaster buses to the Borno State capital on Friday but it could not be confirmed if these troops were evacuated from Baga.

"While it is safe to say that there may have been a fierce battle between the military and the Boko Haram terrorists but to say that Boko Haram terrorists succeeded in dislodging the military base in Baga is not a true representation of the state of things in Baga".

The plot to attack Baga was particularly reported in the news days before the insurgents struck.

Nasir Babagana also stated that since the military recaptured the town from Boko Haram terrorists in 2015, the city has been under the firm control of the military. He spoke on condition of anonymity because he was not authorized to speak to reporters.

Meanwhile, the Chief of Defense Staff, Gen. Gabriel Olonisakin, on Saturday, arrived in Maiduguri with two other security chiefs, Lt. Gen. Tukur Buratai (Army), and Air Marshall Abubakar Sadique (Air Force) to assess the resurgence of Boko Haram attacks in the North-East.

Hundreds of people have fled the fishing town of Baga after the militants overran it on Wednesday night, the residents said. But in February 2015, the Nigerian military drove out the insurgents from Baga, successfully reclaiming the town captured by the terrorists on January 3, 2015. But with the recent spate of attacks in the northeast region, it appears there is a long way to victory for the army.