investorschatroom.com

People

Texas man killed after e-cigarette explodes in his face

Share
William Eric Brown in undated family

A 24-year-old man from Fort Worth, Texas, died last week after a vape pen he'd recently purchased exploded in his face and severed his left carotid artery, according to the Tarrant County Medical Examiner's Office. He reportedly was trying the vape for the first time in a vehicle when it exploded and severed his left carotid artery, one of four major vessels that supply blood to the brain.

Brown's grandmother, Alice Brown said he had borrowed her auto on January 27 to run errands when he stopped off at a vape store in Keller.

The grandmother of William Brown, 24, told WFAA he borrowed her auto to run errands and stopped to buy a vape pen.

'It just all seems so unreal. "And that's what they should have taken out as soon as he got to the hospital, and they made a decision to wait until Monday or Tuesday". An ambulance was called after William was spotted in the parking lot, and he was transported to the John Peter Smith Hospital, where he died two days later.

The explosion happened in the parking lot of a vape shop in Fort Worth on January 27.

Mr Brown was at least the second person to die from an exploding vaporiser in the United States over the past 12 months.

Brown was sitting in his auto in front of a vape supply store on the 4500 block of Golden Triangle when his pen exploded, Alice Brown said.

Super Bowl LIII: Jersey Colors for Patriots, Rams
New England's largest winning margin in the big game came in Super Bowl LI, when they beat the Atlanta Falcons 34-28 in overtime. When is Super Bowl LIII? Patriots 35, Rams 27 - Marshall Faulk disrupts trophy presentation, says Patriots cheated again.

Venezuela's self-proclaimed president Guiado speaks with Trump
There are widespread medical shortages and food shortages in Venezuela and millions of people are dying or fleeing the country. In addition, he counts on the support of the military. "I think we're trying to get to the same end result here".

Cuomo warns NYers to disable FaceTime app amid privacy concerns
In its iOS 12.1 security document from last November , Apple called iOS "a major leap forward in security for mobile devices". As detailed, a serious FaceTime bug allows an incoming caller to hear your even if you don't pick up the call.

The family said that they were hiring a lawyer.

"He popped it and it exploded, and that's when it shot across his mouth", Alice Brown said. Most of the fires and explosions occurred while the device was being used or stored in a pocket and none had resulted in death, according to the report. He was also burned on about 80 per cent of his body.

The CDC says more than one in every 10 adults has tried an e-cigarette.

The e-cigarette exploded in Brown's face. A piece of the e-cigarette was found in his throat and he was put into a medically-induced coma.

A more recent study, done in part by Dennis Thombs, dean of the School of Public Health at the University of North Texas Health Science Centre, showed that e-cigarette injuries are widely underreported across the nation.

The Food and Drug Administration has warned vaping device users that there is evidence that "battery-related issues may lead to vape explosions".

Share